- Application Periods
- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- CARES Act Reporting
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Contact Us
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
- Verification Guidelines
- Virtual Counter
APPEAL PROCESS WORKSHOP DATES & TIMES
The Financial Aid Office of San Diego Mesa College offers Financial Aid Appeal workshops during each semesters' Appeal Submission windows. The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending one of these workshops that focuses on the Financial Aid Appeal Process. This workshop focuses on the San Diego Mesa College Appeal Process for those students who have applied for Financial Aid (FAFSA or Dream App), who are disqualified due to SAP and who wish to enroll in coursework and appeal at MESA COLLEGE. (Please be aware that the information is applicable for the Mesa College Appeal process and may not have any significance for City or Miramar students. Please navigate to their web pages for information.)
Enrollment is first come/first served and limited to the first 35 students who sign up. Please check the dates below and visit or call the Financial Aid Office to sign up, or click the CLICK HERE links shown below to select a workshop to sign up. Please include your name, CSID#, workshop date that you would like to attend from the list below, and Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). You will receive a reminder email the day of the workshop. [the link below is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed].
Please Note: Attendance at a workshop is not mandatory nor does it guarantee an approval, but may help give you a better understanding of the Financial Aid Appeal process as a tool for potential re-instatement. The information you will learn by attending a workshop prior to submitting your Financial Aid Appeal (such as key terminology, what may constitute an extenuating circumstance, detailed written statement and required supporting documentation), may help you to submit a more thorough appeal or come to an understanding if you don’t have a case for which to appeal. Due to the amount of material covered at the workshop please plan to be on time as the door will be closed after the session starts. Participants who are 15 minutes or more late will need to reschedule.
Fall Semester Appeal Submission Window: 7/20/20 thru 11/20/20
ALL FALL SEMESTER WORKSHOPS COMPLETE
FALL APPEAL WINDOW CLOSED
Spring 2021 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 11/16/20 thru 5/07/21
ALL SPRING SEMESTER WORKSHOPS COMPLETE
SPRING APPEAL WINDOW CLOSED AT NOON
Summer 2021 Session Appeal Submission Window: 5/12/21 thru 7/23/21
|3:00PM – 5:00PM||
|10:00AM – 12:00PM||ZOOM|
|3:00PM – 5:00PM||ZOOM|
|10:00AM – 12:00PM||ZOOM|
|3:00PM – 5:00PM||ZOOM|
To sign up, submit an email request. Please include your name, CSID#, the workshop date you would like to attend, and
Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). You should receive a confimation
reminder email the day of the workshop.
Note: this link is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy has changed as of the 2015-2016 school year. The SAP standards have been strengthened and the appeal process is now enforced more rigorously. Please click below to review the new standards.
Appeal Forms & Deadlines
2020/2021 Appeal Form Packet - Coming Soon
- Fall 2020 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 7/20/20 thru 11/20/20
- Spring 2021 Semester Appeal Submission Window: 11/16/20 thru 5/07/21
- Summer 2021 Session Appeal Submission Window: 5/12/21 thru 7/23/21
You can submit your completed Appeal form with all necessary documentation HERE: Submit Form Online
or by US Mail to:
San Diego Mesa College, Financial Aid Office
7250 Mesa College Drive, I3-107
San Diego, CA 92111
or via FAX 619.388.2824
Appeals are time-sensitive. They must be received by the Financial Aid Office complete (including all necessary documentation, statement(s) and Student Education Plan) no later than noon on the end date posted above or your last day of classes for the semester – whichever comes first. Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered. Federal regulations do not permit you to appeal for a prior term.
Instructions (in order):
- Official sealed Academic Transcripts from all prior institutions attended, turned in to the Records Office (I4-102), regardless of your desire to use that academic history. Once posted by the district you must formally request in the counseling office that all transcripts be evaluated. This may take several weeks. High School transcripts are not required.
- Student Education Plan (Educational Program Plan) from Counseling signed by the counselor, based on your current educational goal as stated on your Appeal form. [NOTE: If you appealed previously and are still following the same signed Education Plan as is on file in the Financial Aid Office, you will not need to submit a new signed copy. Additionally, you will only be permitted to follow 1 (ONE) Student Education Plan.] Visit the Counseling Center webpate to make an appointment with an Academic Counselor. If you are an EOPS, DSPS or Veterans student, please see your assigned counselor in that program.
- Appeal Form [pages 5 & 6 of the packet]. Please note: THIS IS AN APPEAL. If you are submitting an Appeal form, it is because you have been disqualified from receiving any Financial Aid. Submitting an appeal form will not guarantee that you will receive financial aid funding. Include documentation to support your claim with your Appeal such as (but not limited to) hospital bills, death certificate(s), etc. Appeal forms may not be reviewed without supporting documentation of your extenuating circumstance as stated in the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid and on the Appeal form. The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending a workshop that focuses on the Appeal Process. There will be workshops offered during the semester Appeal Submission window. Please read below for more details. Attendance does not guarantee an approval, but may help give you a better understanding of the appeal as a tool for re-instatement.
The decision of the Appeal Committee is final.
UPDATED 3/4/2021 (SD)